Monday 30 July 2012

New Room Wants!

As some of you may or may not know I am moving house in a couple of months. To me the best thing about moving house is getting to decorate my new room. I've been looking around for inspiration and have found a lot of things I want to include in my new from from Next and Ikea. My room now is pink and girly, for my new one I am thinking of making it more grown up and classy (sorry one direction poster, you are coming down..) 
Heart Mirror - Next. Rose wallpaper - Next. Table Lamp - Next. Heart Frames - Next. White Drawer - Ikea
I am loving the Autumn/Winter next home range as there are so many nice things in there that will suit the look I'm going for and most are at fairly reasonable prices. I love the vintage vibe of the lamp and heart shaped mirror, the cream goes well with the wallpaper I'm hoping to get. Originally I was going to paint a feature wall with pale pink and cream stripes but I saw this wallpaper and loved it, I'm going to take a sample of it into homebase and get them to try and match the background colour to paint so I can do the other three walls in it. I have such big plans for my room so there will be some serious shopping trips to Ikea for furniture and next for accessories. Despite the fact I'm not moving in with Josh I have considered him when picking furniture so that he has space to put his things when he's staying round. Plus we are getting our own little "living room" on the second floor which will also need to be decorated and furnished which I'm hoping he might help me with (hint, hint). I will keep you all updated on the house things, if you are interested, including a room tour once I am done! 
XC

5 comments:

  1. Ooo everything looks lovely! I agree, the best thing about moving is getting to redecorate! I'm moving in with my boyfriend soon so it's going to be awesome getting a whole house to redecorate! yay xoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Next for furniture and accessories, good luck with moving! :)

    Zara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table lamp is lovely - great picks x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That heart mirror is adorable!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love the lamp! Thanks for posting this, I've been looking for one like that for a while.
    Even though I do love the house I live in, it would be nice to move, I think it's really fun moving house!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!