Tuesday 16 July 2013

Holiday Guest Blogger: Morgan!

Money-Saving Perks for Fashion and Every Day

You probably already know that money doesn’t grow on trees. Even if it did, it wouldn’t help much due to basic economic principles. You can, however, find ways to save without compromising on the quality of your life. First, identify some of the areas where you spend a lot of money. Then follow these tips for saving wherever you spend.

Many fashionable women find it tempting to spend a lot of money on accessories. While many expensive options exist, there are some money-saving alternatives.

Personally, I love the hot trend of vintage jewelry. Rather than buy expensive vintage looks, I enjoy getting older pieces from garage sales and flea markets. These cute pieces often provide the perfect finishing touch for a new outfit I just purchased or one of my wardrobe favorites.

I absolutely must have a trendy pair of sunglasses to wear this spring, and I can now that I have discovered Warby Parker. Here you can pick up eyewear for a fraction of the cost without sacrificing quality! Ever order something off line that you loved on the screen, but got the product and ended up disappointed because it didn’t fit you quite right? Warby Parker offers a Home Try-on Program at no cost to you. You can choose up to 5 frames and try them in the comfort of your own home for 5 days!

Beauty products also tend to eat up a large portion of my discretionary income. Fortunately, many of my favorite brands have great customer-loyalty programs. At Sephora, I receive great products for free on my birthday as well as other perks throughout the year as a member of their Beauty Insiders program. I also receive regular coupons and discounts on my favorite products from Victoria’s Secret as a member of their mailing list.

The ways to save money are about as numerous as the ways to spend it. In order to stretch my money, I look for money-saving resources everywhere.

One of my biggest weaknesses is a fashion magazine. After falling prey to these in the checkout line over and over again, I realized that purchasing a subscription is actually cheaper than buying only three of them from the newsstand. To save even more money, I search online for discounts at places such as Thriftymags.com or Discountmags.com.


Like most fashion-conscious women, I also find it easy to spend too much money on clothes. I’ve heard over and over that I should shop my own closet, but that can be difficult. Recently, however, I downloaded a mobile phone app called Stylebook that lets me take photos of wardrobe items and then mix and match for great looks I hadn’t yet discovered.

Post written by Morgan. 

* Thank you so much Morgan for writing this fabulous post! Stay tuned for another guest blogger over the next couple of days.. 






Find me here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!