Saturday 18 April 2015

Turning 22..








I have basically been waiting for my 22nd Birthday to roll round since the first time I heard Taylor Swift's rather upbeat tune '22' and alas, on the 9th April 2015 it finally arrived and you better believe I listened to that song all day and sang it out, finally feeling 22!
The day started off rather averagely with a trip to Costa for our usual weekly treat (medium mocha with an extra shot & a medium hot chocolate with a single shot) before moving on to McDonalds for a yummy breakfast wrap, it is my Birthday after all.. Josh needed a hair cut so it was off to the shopping centre for that and a mooch around for a Birthday present (I found nothing I liked) 

Then the fun began.
As you may or may not know; I love pigs, it is my dream to one day own a small pig farm where they all live happily ever after so finding the gem that is Wimpole Hall, near Cambridge, was perfect and naturally the only way to spend my special day. Wimpole Hall is basically a huge stately home with a mass of grounds that includes gardens and a home farm, complete with a piggery. YASS! 
We spent a good two hours wondering around the little farm in the warm sunshine, scratching the pigs behind their ears, having our fingers nibbled by the piglets and we even got to see a sheep give birth to her two babies which was mesmerisingly beautiful to watch. Josh has a way with the pigs that once he starts scratching them behind the ears they just fall the ground in pure submission, the love it! 

We finished off the day with a nice dinner at one of the nicest Chinese restaurants, joined by my Dad and Grandma (She even made cute little cakes with pigs on them!) it was delicious! 

All in all, you could say I turned 22 in the least adult way possible but who says you are too old for farms!? 
post signature







Find me here: 
Twitter /  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!