Tuesday 12 February 2013

Live while we're young..


This year I am going to be turning the big two.zero, waving goodbye to my childhood and teenage years as they disappear off into the past and I start the phase of proper adulthood, well proper in my eyes. Most people still see their early 20s to even their 30s as a time when drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and hitting the local clubs on a weekend is acceptable and the "thing to do" but that's just not me. I sit at home cuddling up with my boyfriend watching tv, reading blogs or going to the gym.
Girls and boys my age spend time scouting out the local talent where as I see people with babies and kind of want one of my own.
I'm bored of being treated like a child, like my opinion doesn't matter because I'm just a kid. At 20 I am ready to settle down for the long run. More than anything I'd love to get move out and get engaged. Some people reading this will think I'm crazy, they'll be screaming "you're too young!" at their computer screens but I like to think that when you know, you know.
I want to do adult things.
I think I'm ready to grow up now!
X

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I reached 20! Me and my fiance got engaged when I was 20 and I'm getting married in May at 22 which some think is kinda young but I knew I want to settle down. Not sure about babies yet but I do get very broody whenever I watch one born every minuet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same, one born every minute gets me every single week.. x

      Delete
  2. I turn 20 in just under a year and I can't wait to grow up, the clubbing culture is just not for me either. As Ted Moseby said "I spend so much of my time worrying about the future you know, where's my career going? Who am I gonna marry? But when you're old.. You don't worry, cause all that stuffs already happened" :') <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turn 20 in October, and I'm dreading it xx

    mac lipstick giveaway. 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I am 22 going on 23 on March 3rd and I still not into the whole drinking excessively or going into the clubs either. I rather spend time being mellow with my loved ones. You will have a great future ahead of you Char.

    www.blushingbeauty90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!