Friday 28 March 2014

When Life Gives You Lemons.. Drink Up!

I am one of those people that always pledges to drink more water, do I? No.. So whilst on a scour of the internet looking at alternatives to drinking just pure water I came across lots of people raving on the benefits of adding lemon to your water intake. Now lemons have never occurred to me as something fabulous, to be honest I tend to avoid it at all costs "Would you like ice and lemon in your drink" No, no I wouldn't! But alas, after doing some research into those little yellow fruits I have been slightly swayed in the way of the lemon.

So, Why should you start drinking lemon juice?
Lets start with the skin,  lemons contain a whole load of goodness for the skin! The citric acid is perfect for combating acne whether you drink it or just use a dab of juice on a cotton ball and apply it to any blemishes, leave it over night, and wake up, wash it off for (hopefully!) glowing skin. Another property thats a perfect partner for glowing skin is Vitamin C which lemons carry an abundance of!
The brain gets some great benefits from a little bit of lemon juice, drinking it luke-warm first thing in the morning helps to stimulate your brain thus banishing any signs of fatigue and in turn enhance your mood to make you feel tip-top and ready to take on the world!
Feeling those pangs of a hunger craving coming your way? the pectin fibre in lemons helps to fight hunger cravings by detoxifying the body and cleansing the digestive system to keep it functioning at its best and absorbing your food properly to keep you hunger free for longer.

How & When to drink your lemons:

Drink it WARM:
 Add the juice of half a lemon into luke-warm water (not boiling hot!!) and drink first thing in the morning before consuming any food and preferably before working out to get that stimulation occurring sooner!

Drink it COOL:
During the day I like to fill my Brita Fill&Go Bottle with water, drop in a few lemon slices and pop it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, take it out and I'm ready to go with a portable kick for the day!







Find me here: 

1 comment:

  1. I love putting frozen raspberries in my water! Cools it right down and adds flavour!
    Imogen's Typewriter. <3 

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my blog!